Education for Quality Living
Studies show that nearly 60% of Americans live with some form of chronic disease. What’s a chronic disease? Chronic diseases are any physical or mental health condition that lasts more than one year and either limits ability or requires ongoing treatment. Conditions such as high cholesterol and high blood pressure, anxiety and arthritis, heart disease, diabetes and many, many, more constitute a chronic disease. Designing programs to educate individuals and communities about chronic conditions and implementing projects to reduce risk and change outcomes is what EQL does best. With its team of Experts, EQL takes on the task of program design and program evaluation and wins!
EQL’s health promotion and disease prevention programs focus on keeping people healthy. Our expertly designed health education programs aim to engage and empower individuals and communities to choose healthy behaviors, and make changes that reduce the risk of developing chronic diseases and other morbidities.
EQL Experts assist clients in the design, adaptation and/or enhancement of health promotion and disease prevention programs to fit the needs of your community groups. Working closely with you, members of your team, and community representatives we help you to create, adapt and enhance health education programs that are evidence based, innovative, community and culturally sensitive, community savvy and age appropriate. EQL Experts help clients to:
- Design and conduct organization and community asset and needs assessments.
- Pair organization goals and community health needs with evidence based theory and scientifically proven successful programs.
- Identify, write, and give expert advice on grants and other funding opportunities for health education programs
- Foster collaborative relationships and partnerships with health related entities and partners
- Analyze and make program recommendations for best and promising practices to address difficult and/or controversial health issues/content.